Spicy Turkey-Pepper Rolls
Author: Cook Once, Eat For A Week by Jyl Steinback, America’s Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Appetizers & Snacks
This low carb lettuce wrap hits the spot. Low fat; Easy to prepare; Make ahead.
- 12 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon nonfat mayonnaise
- ¾ lb. low-fat deli turkey slices
- 1½ cups sliced roasted red peppers, drained
- 2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
- Separate lettuce leaves and place cup-side up on work surface.
- Combine Dijon mustard and mayonnaise in small cup; mix until completely blended.
- Spread each lettuce leaf with mayo-mustard mix.
- Divide turkey and roasted red pepper slices among lettuce leaves.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and pepper.
- Roll lettuce leaves (starting at root end) and secure with a toothpick.
- Wrap individual lettuce sandwiches in plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 2 days.
Calories: 139 Fat: 2.7g Carbohydrates: 11g Sodium: 152mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 18g Cholesterol: 39mg