Author: Fruits & Veggies—More Matters™ recipes. It meets the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s strict nutrition guidelines as a healthy recipe.Green
Recipe type: Salads
All the flavors of Mexico in a crisp, delicious and healthy salad. Low calorie; Low fat; Low cholesterol.
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 ½ tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dry leaf oregano
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ to 1 medium jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 4 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup thin strips of red bell pepper OR canned roasted red peppers
- 1 cup cooked yellow corn
- In a small bowl combine first ten ingredients (salad dressing) and mix well.
- In a large bowl, mix shredded cabbage, onion, red pepper and corn.
- Add salad dressing and toss well. Cover and chill for about 1 hour prior to serving.
Each serving provides: An excellent source of vitamin C, and a good source of vitamin A, foliate and fiber.
Calories: 76g Fat: 3.g Saturated fat: 0.3g Carbohydrates: 12g Sodium: 207mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg