Shrimp with Angel Hair Pasta
Author: Countertop Magician by Jyl Steinback, America’s Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Entrees
A rich, spicy and easy to prepare shrimp dish perfect for weeknights. Easy & quick to prepare; Low fat.
- 1½ tablespoon nonfat vegetable broth
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 16 oz. can (2 cups) chopped tomatoes, drained
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cooked angel hair pasta
- Add vegetable broth in large nonstick skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and garlic to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add shrimp, tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and red pepper flakes.
- Cover and simmer over medium-low heat until shrimp turns pink.
- Serve shrimp mixture over cooked pasta.
Calories: 288 Fat: 2.3g Carbohydrates: 36g Sodium: 398mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 29g Cholesterol: 175mg