150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Grilled Tuna Salad
Source: Countertop Magician by Jyl Steinback, America's Healthiest Mom
Fresh tuna is a real treat and this recipe is easy to prepare.
Number of servings: 4
Easy to prepare
1 lb. Ahi tuna
8 cups mixed salad greens
2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1/3 cup sliced red onion
Chopped broccoli (optional)
Chopped cauliflower (optional)
1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning
˝ cup nonfat Italian salad dressing, or other Salad Dressing of choice
1˝ cups nonfat croutons, flavor of choice
1. Spray grill with cooking spray and preheat 5 minutes.
2. Sprinkle tuna on both sides with Mrs. Dash seasoning.
3. Place tuna on grill and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until desired doneness.
4. Remove from grill and let cool 5 minutes.
5. In a large bowl, combine salad greens, tomatoes, onion and broccoli and cauliflower (if using).
6. Pour dressing over top and toss until completely mixed.
7. Slice tuna and arrange on top of salad; toss lightly and serve.
8. Top with croutons
Updated September 17, 2013
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation