150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Orange-Pineapple Corn Muffins
Source: Countertop Magician by Jyl Steinback, America's Healthiest Mom
A sweet and satisfying whole grain muffin
Number of servings: 18
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
1 cup orange juice
¾ cup sugar
1½ cups cornmeal
1¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoon dried orange zest
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Spray 18 muffin cups with cooking spray or line with paper cups.
3. Combine applesauce, pineapple with juice, orange juice and sugar in large bowl; mix with handheld mixer until creamy and smooth.
4. Combine cornmeal, flour, and baking powder in a resealable plastic bag; shake until mixed.
5. Gradually add flour mixture to bowl and mix until blended.
6. Fold in orange zest and mix well.
7. Fill muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cook slightly before removing from pan.
Updated September 17, 2013
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation