150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Black Bean Chili
Source: Recipes For Fat Free Living 2 Cookbook by Jyl Steinback, Americas Healthiest Mom
This black bean chili is veggie rich.
Number of servings: 6
1 large onion, chopped
2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
1 tbsp. chopped jalapeno pepper
10 mushrooms, quartered
6 small tomatoes, cut in large chunks
1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed and drained
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
4 cups canned black beans, rinsed
1˝ cups fat-free chicken broth
1 10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1. Lightly spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
2. Add onion, red pepper, jalapeno pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes, corn, pepper, cumin and chili powder.
3. Cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
4. Add beans and chicken broth and boil for 10 minutes.
5. Remove 1˝ cups bean mixture from skillet and place in blender or food processor.
6. Blend mixture until pureed.
7. Return to saucepan and add spinach. Cook 5 to 6 minutes until spinach is well heated.
Updated August 26, 2013
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation