150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Baked Thai Pork Chop
Source: Duke Diet and Fitness Center Cookbook, Spring '05 Cookbook
The ginger and red pepper add some spice to this dish.
Number of servings: 12
Easy to prepare
Low in fat
Low in cholesterol
Low in sodium
12 pork chops (5 oz.)
18 pieces of whole grain melba toast
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon ground red pepper
1 Tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
1. Combine all ingredients in food processor and grind until fine and well combined; put in large plastic bag.
1 cup honey
2 tsp garlic, minced
1. Combine all ingredients in large bowl and mix well
2. Add pork chops and marinade
3. Add in coating mix and cover thoroughly.
4. Put coated chop on sprayed sheet pan and bake for approximately 20 minutes at 375ºF or until done.
*The Duke Diet and Fitness Center's meals are low in calories, fat and sodium, but high in taste. The Center's meals have a daily total of approximately 1,500 mg of sodium. The USDA 2005 dietary guidelines for Americans is to consume less than 2,300 mg of sodium.
Updated August 26, 2013
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation