150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Chocolate-Peanut Butter Fudge 1
Source: Sensational Stevia Desserts By Lisa Jobs
A low carb, low sugar version of a perennial favorite.
Number of servings: 25
**This stevia measurement is the minimum to use in the recipe. Since your sweetness preference and brand used may vary, you may need to increase accordingly.
1. Measure 1/3 cup boiling water and add stevia. Mix until dissolved.
2. Add the butter and stir until most of it is melted.
3. Add ½ teaspoon vanilla extract and stir.
4. Pour in a mixing bowl and add the dry milk. Mix until blended.
5. Place chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl and cover.
6. Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter in microwave for a minimum of 2 minutes.**
7. Stir well and microwave another 30 seconds or until the mixture is melted and smooth when stirred.
8. Add butter/milk mixture to peanut butter/chocolate and blend well with electric mixer or by hand.
9. Add remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla and stir thoroughly.
10. Foil line an 8" square pan and place fudge in it. Flatten top with knife or wooden spoon.
11. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour. Cut into squares. Keep refrigerated.
Stays fresh for 3 to 4 days in fridge or in freezer in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
*You can use carob chips instead of chocolate chips.
† Before placing peanut butter in measuring cup, spray cup with vegetable/canola oil spray so it comes out easier and doesn’t stick to the inside of the cup.
** You may need to melt the chocolate for as long as 2 minutes and 20 seconds. Watch carefully, you don’t want it to burn!
Lisa’s Note: If you use carob chips, reduce your microwave time by 30 seconds
(1 min. 30 seconds first) and then microwave in 5 to 10 second increments if carob chips are not melted since they melt faster than chocolate chips.
(With Chocolate Chips)
Copyright ©2005 Sensational Stevia Desserts by Lisa Jobs
This SSD recipe and excerpt may not be reproduced or copied without the expressed written permission from HLP and the author.
Updated August 20, 2013
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation