150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Chocolate-Hazelnut Bread Pudding
Source: Sensational Stevia Desserts By Lisa Jobs
It’s pure decadence!
Number of servings: 15
Low in sugar
**This stevia measurement is the minimum to use in the recipe. Since your sweetness preference and brand used may vary, you may need to increase accordingly. For your convenience, Sensational Stevia Desserts has a convenient chart with three stevia manufacturers’ measurements.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Spray an 11 x 9 x 2" baking dish with canola cooking spray and set aside.
3. Combine milk and cream in a large saucepan (6 qt.).
4. Simmer over low-medium heat and stir occasionally.
5. Add stevia and chocolate and stir until melted.
6. Cook until mixture comes to a low boil and remove from heat.
7. In a small bowl, beat eggs yolks and slowly add ½ cup of milk/cream mixture.
8. Whisk until mixed and then add remaining milk/cream until mixed thoroughly.
9. Blend in butter, vanilla and salt.
10. Fold in hazelnuts and challah bread.
11. Place pudding into baking dish.
12. Soak pudding at room temperature or in refrigerator for one hour.
13. Bake for 45 minutes, and if knife or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, pudding is done. If not, check in another 3 to 5 minutes.
Optional: Serve plain or with Whipped Cream Topping.
Variation: Instead of hazelnuts, try walnuts or almonds.
Copyright ©2005 Sensational Stevia Desserts by Lisa Jobs
Updated August 20, 2013
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation