150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Wonderful White Chocolate Chip-Cherry Cookies
Source: Sensational Stevia Desserts By Lisa Jobs
The dried cherries add some amazing texture (and a few antioxidants to this recipe).
Number of Servings: 26 cookies
*the sweetness potency of stevia varies greatly by manufacturer. you may have to adjust, based on your own sweetness preferences.
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Place parchment paper on two cookie sheets.
3. Beat eggs, stevia and vanilla extract with electric mixer.
4. Add butter and blend well until smooth and creamy.
5. Sift flour, baking powder and salt, then add half to egg mixture.
6. Mix well. Add the balance of the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Dough will be thick.
7. Process dried cherries in food processor until in large bits.
8. Fold chips and cherries into dough mixture.
9. Shape into 1¼ inch balls and press down with hand until about 2 inches flat onto baking sheets.
10. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until bottom of cookie becomes slightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
Variation: Chocolate Chip Cookies
Replace white chocolate chips for regular chocolate chips, increase stevia to 1 tsp. and reduce baking powder to ½ teaspoon.
Note: These cookies do not brown on top like cookies made with sugar, so first check the bottom of the cookies for browning. You can also put a toothpick in the center of one and see if it's dry. If so, then the cookie is done. The result will be a soft, cake-like "wonderful" cookie!
Nutrition/Serving (2 cookies)
Updated August 16, 2013
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation