150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Source: Duke Diet and Fitness Center Cookbook, Spring '05 by Duke Diet and Fitness Center
This is a simple and low fat version of trifle without the custard.
Number of Servings: 15
Easy to prepare
½ cup sugar
½ cup water
¼ tbsp vanilla extract
1/8 tbsp almond extract
½ oz angel food cake
½ banana, medium
1 tbsp lite whipped topping
1 tbsp almond syrup
Preparation5. Place ½ oz cake in individual small bowls.
1. Mix water and sugar over medium heat.
2. Allow to reduce until thickened.
3. Remove from heat and add vanilla and almond extract.
4. Cool before serving over banana trifle.
6. Top with ½ cup sliced banana (or strawberries), 1 tbsp syrup and 1 tbsp whipped topping.
*The Duke Diet and Fitness Center's meals are low in calories, fat and sodium, but high in taste. The Center's meals have a daily total of approximately 1,500 mg of sodium. The USDA 2005 dietary guidelines for Americans is to consume less than 2,300 mg of sodium.
Updated August 13, 2013
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation