150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Source: The Fat Free Living 2 Cookbook by Jyl Steinback, America's Healthiest Mom
A super easy, rich and low fat crepe.
Number of servings: 4
˝ cup flour
1/3 cup skim milk
1 large egg white
˝ cup nonfat cottage cheese
2 teaspoon honey
1/3 teaspoon ginger
cinnamon to taste
1. Combine the milk and egg white in a small bowl.
2. Add the milk mixture to the flour, stirring just to combine the ingredients.
3. Lightly spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set over moderately high heat.
4. When the skillet is hot, pour in 2 tablespoons of the batter, turning the pan to make a thin pancake.
5. Cook for 30 seconds on each side, or until the crepe is golden brown.
6. Transfer to a plate, top with wax paper, and repeat until all the batter is used.
7. Combine the cottage cheese, honey, ginger, and cinnamon, and blend until mixture is very smooth.
8. Spread each crepe with a tablespoon of cheese mixture, fold in half, then fold in half again.
9. The crepes can be prepared in advance, stacked between sheets of wax paper, wrapped, and frozen. Thaw before serving.
Updated August 7, 2013
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation