150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Source: Duke Diet and Fitness Center Cookbook, Spring '05 Cookbook
Broccoli Cheese Quiche
Bread crumbs substitute for the traditional pie crust for quiche so it's easier to prepare without the fat and extra carbs.
Number of servings: 6
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Coat a 9 inch long, deep-dish pan with cooking spray.
3. Add breadcrumbs, tilting to coat bottom and sides.
4. Whisk eggs, egg beaters, milk, Tabasco, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
5. Add bread and stir to coat. Set aside in the refrigerator.
6. Steam broccoli until just tender, 3 or 4 minutes.
7. Cool cooked broccoli in cold water and drain well.
8. Chop coarsely.
9. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
10. Add Canadian bacon and onion; stirring often until softened and light golden, 3 to 5 minutes.
11. Add onion mixture, cheese and broccoli to wet ingredients in the large bowl.
12. Pour into the prepared pan spreading evenly.
13. Bake the pie until light golden and set, 45 to 50 minutes.
14. Let cool slightly, cut into wedges and serve.
*The Duke Diet and Fitness Center's meals are low in calories, fat and sodium, but high in taste. The Center's meals have a daily total of approximately 1,500 mg of sodium. The USDA 2005 dietary guidelines for Americans is to consume less than 2,300 mg of sodium.
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation