150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Sugarless Berry Muffins
Source: The Fat Free Living Super Cookbook by Jyl Steinback, America's Healthiest Mom
These sugar free berry muffins have a crunchy topping.
Number of servings: 12
No added sugar
1½ cups oatmeal, divided
1¾ cups flour, divided
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup skim milk
1/3 cup apple butter, divided
¼ cup egg substitute
¼ cup brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. Lightly spray muffin cups with nonfat cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup oatmeal, 1½ cups flour, sugar and baking powder and mix well.
4. Stir in milk, ¼ cup apple butter, and egg substitute and mix until dry ingredients are moistened.
5. Spoon batter into muffin cups.
6. In a small bowl, combine remaining oatmeal, ¼ cup flour, ¼ cup brown sugar and 2 tablespoons apple butter, mix until crumbly.
7. Sprinkle crumb mixture over batter and bake in preheated oven 15 to 20 minutes.
Updated August 6, 2013
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation