150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Source: The Fat Free Living Super Cookbook by Jyl Steinback, America's Healthiest Mom
An easy to make, low fat muffin with a little spice.
Number of servings: 12
Easy to prepare
1 cup lemon flavored fat free yogurt
1/3 cup apple butter
½ cup egg substitute
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
2 1/3 cups flour
1½ teaspoon ginger
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
lemon flavored powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a large bowl, combine lemon yogurt, apple butter, egg substitute, sugar and lemon peel and mix until blended smooth.
2. Add flour, ginger, baking soda and baking powder
3. Mix until dry ingredients are moistened.
4. Fill muffin cups ¾ full and bake in preheated oven 15 to 20 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Cool 15 minutes and sprinkle tops with lemon flavored powdered sugar.
Updated August 6, 2013
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation