150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Creamy Mexican Salsa Dip
Number of servings: 6
Easy to prepare
Low in fat
3 cups low-fat plain yogurt, drained for 3 hours*
4 oz. can chopped green chilies, drained
¼ cup prepared Mexican salsa
¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
¼ cup finely chopped green onions
1 Tablespoon lime juice
1/8 teaspoon salt
Black pepper, optional**
6 cups assorted snacking vegetables such as: baby carrots, cauliflower or broccoli flowerets, celery sticks, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini sticks tortilla chips, optional**
cilantro leaves, garnish
1. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the drained yogurt with all remaining ingredients for dip except salt and pepper.
2. Allow to chill covered for 15 minutes or more.
3. Before serving, adjust seasonings, if desired.
4. Prepare all vegetables
5. Arrange on a large platter surrounding a medium-sized soup bowl. Optional: serve chips in basket.
6. When ready, spoon dip into center bowl, garnish with additional cilantro and serve.
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation