150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Source: Cook Once, Eat For A Week by Jyl Steinback, America's Healthiest Mom
This is a very different dip for crackers or crudites packed full of veggies.
Number of Servings: 4
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Line baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
3. Cut eggplant into 1 inch slices and arrange on baking sheet.
4. Sprinkle eggplant with garlic powder and spray lightly with cooking spray.
5. Bake 30 to 40 minutes, until soft.
6. Cool slightly; peel and chop eggplant.
7. Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
8. Add 3 tablespoons broth and heat over medium-high heat.
9. Add onion and garlic and cook until softened.
10. Add bell pepper, and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
11. Add chopped eggplant and additional vegetable broth (if needed).
12. Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato paste, lemon juice, red wine vinegar and pepper.
13. Remove from heat and mix well.
14. Transfer eggplant mixture to bowl or container; cover and refrigerate up to 5 days.
15. Serve with crackers, pita crisps or cucumber slices.
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation