150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Source: Meals Matter
Sinfully rich, but nice for a special occasion.
Number of servings: 8
11 whole graham crackers, crushed (about 1-1/2 cups crumbs)
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup unsalted butter or margarine, melted
2 8oz packages reduced fat or fat-free cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 cups fresh pumpkin puree or 1-16 ounce can solid pack pumpkin
2 egg yolks
4 egg whites
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons whipping cream and Amaretto
Whipped cream, optional
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In a 9 inch spring form pan, mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter.
3. Press the mixture evenly onto the bottom and sides of the pan.
4. Bake 8 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
5. In a large bowl using electric mixture (or place directly in a food processor) whip cream cheese until smooth.
6. Stir in brown sugar; blend until thoroughly mixed.
7. Add pumpkin and add egg yolks one at a time, blending after each addition until smooth.
8. Add 1/2 the egg whites at a time, blending well after each addition.
9. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, Amaretto and whipped cream, stir to blend.
10. Pour mixture into prepared crust.
11. Set spring form pan in a large roasting pan and fill with 1/2 inch tap water.
12. Bake 1 hour, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
10. Remove from oven, chill 6 to 8 hours (or overnight) in the refrigerator.
Using fat free cream cheese holds the total fat in this recipe to 30% of calories.
Total Fat: 12
Saturated Fat: 5.8
Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.6
Vitamin A: 10768
Vitamin C: 2
Updated August 2, 2013
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation