150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Peanut Butter Pork Skewers
Source: Meals Matter; meals.com
These skewers are a lower fat alternative to burgers at your next barbecue, and the combination of pork and peanuts is irresistible!
Number of Servings: 4
Easy to prepare
|1||unseasoned pork tenderloin (about 1 lb)|
|3/4 cup||miso sesame dressing|
|1/3 cup||smooth peanut butter|
|1/2 teaspoon||hot pepper sauce (or to taste)|
|1||small red pepper, thinly sliced|
|3||scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced|
1. Cut pork tenderloin in half crosswise. Slice each half lengthwise into 1/4-inch think pieces.
2. Lay each piece flat on cutting surface and cut into pieces about 5x1x1/4 inch.
3. Place pork in medium-size bowl; add 1/4 cup of miso dressing and let stand 30 minutes or cover and refrigerate for several hours.
4. While pork marinates, soak bamboo skewers in cold water.
5. Thread skewers with pork strips.
6. Stir together remaining sesame dressing, peanut butter and hot pepper sauce. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
7. Heat grill to medium heat or heat broiler. Cook 2 minutes per side or until done and slightly crisped on edges.
8. Toss pepper and scallions together; place on platter. Top with pork skewers and peanut miso sauce.
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|