150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
This hearty and creamy dish counts as a whole grain and makes an excellent side dish for any protein.
Number of Servings: 4
Quick to Prepare (under 30 minutes)
Simple (6 ingredients or less)
Good Source of Calcium
Nonstick vegetable oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Spray 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
3. Bring broth to boil in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
4. Gradually whisk in cornmeal. Continue to whisk until mixture is very thick, about 3 minutes.
5. Mix in cheese. Pour into prepared dish.
6. Bake polenta until top begins to brown, about 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Leftovers are great with scrambled eggs for brunch.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 300
Total Fat: 5.3 g
Saturated Fat: 2.7 g
Carbohydrates: 51 g
Protein: 10 g
Vitamin A: 694 IU
Vitamin C: 0 mg
Calcium: 168 mg
Iron: 3.1 mg
Fiber: 2.5 g
Updated July 31, 2013
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation