150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Overnight Caramel French Toast
Source: Meals Matter
Easy to prepare, sweet and yummy. Great when topped with vanilla or fruit yogurt!
Number of Servings: 10
Special Features: Quick to Prepare (under 30 minutes)
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup light-colored corn syrup
1/4 cup butter
10 (1-ounce) slices French bread
2 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup in a small saucepan.
2. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until mixture is bubbly, stirring constantly.
3. Pour mixture evenly into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
4. Arrange bread slices in a single layer over syrup in dish.
5. Combine milk, flour, vanilla, salt and eggs in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
6. Pour egg mixture over bread slices.
7. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
8. Preheat oven to 350°.
9. Combine 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and cinnamon.
10. Sprinkle evenly over bread.
11. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until golden. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Total Fat: 7.2g
Saturated Fat: 3.2g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.6g
Updated July 31, 2013
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation