150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Number of Servings: 8
1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
2 teaspoon hot curry powder
1 ˝ lbs. button mushrooms, coarsely chopped
1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, peeled
2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano, crushed
2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup finely chopped parsley
salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
1 loaf or 16 ˝ inch thick slices of Italian or French bread
extra virgin olive oil (optional)
1. Heat oil, pepper and curry powder in deep skillet over medium high heat.
2. Add mushrooms, onion, 2 cloves minced garlic and oregano.
3. Mix well, cover and cook 2-3 minutes.
4. Remove lid, lower heat and continue to cook, stirring often until mushroom mixture is somewhat dry in texture.
5. Remove from heat and mix in vinegar and chopped parsley.
6. Salt and pepper to taste. Cool to room temperature.
7. Toast bread until golden.
8. While toast is still warm, rub cut garlic on one side of each slice. If desired, drizzle with olive oil.
9. Place mushroom topping on bruschetta and serve immediately.
*Optional ingredients (olive oil) is not included in dietary analysis.
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation