150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Grilled Eggplant Tomato Sandwiches
Source: Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH)
Smoky grilled eggplant and fresh tomatoes provide a tasty summer time meal.
2 Cups of Fruits and Vegetables per Serving
1 medium Italian eggplant cut into ˝ inch slices
1. Do not peel eggplant. Remove end and cut into ˝-inch slices.
2. Sprinkle both sides with salt and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
3. Thoroughly rinse slices to remove all salt and drain on absorbent paper.
4. Combine olive oil and garlic and lightly brush each slice.
5. Grill over Medium high heat on gas grill or broil under broiler. When soft, remove immediately and sprinkle with basil.
6. Meanwhile, slice tomatoes into 1/4 -inch thick slices and season with black pepper.
7. Arrange tomatoes and eggplant on 4 slices of bread.
8. Season with pepper and add crumbled Feta cheese, if desired. Top with second slice of bread and serve immediately.
*Optional ingredients are not included in dietary analysis.
Fat 7.9 g
Carbohydrates 44 g
Sodium 361 mg
Updated July 31, 2013
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation