150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Ham-&-Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Source:Meals Matter; Eating Well
What's not to love about adding ham and cheese to any chicken dish? This is a simpler version of a dish called Chicken Cordon Blue.
Number of Servings: 4
1/4 cup grated Swiss, Monterey jack or part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons chopped ham
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Freshly ground pepper to taste
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1-1 1/4 pounds total)
1 egg white
1/2 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Use a baking sheet with sides and lightly coat it with cooking spray.
2. Mix cheese, ham, mustard and pepper in a small bowl.
3. Cut a horizontal slit along the thin, long edge of a chicken breast
half, nearly through to the opposite side.
4. Open up the breast and place
one-fourth of the filling in the center. Close the breast over the
filling, pressing the edges firmly together to seal.
5. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts and filling.
6. Lightly beat egg white with a fork in a medium bowl.
breadcrumbs in a shallow glass dish.
8. Hold each chicken breast half together and dip in egg white, then dredge in breadcrumbs. (Discard leftovers.)
9. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
chicken breasts; cook until browned on one side, about 2 minutes.
the chicken, browned-side up, on the prepared baking sheet.
12. Bake until
the chicken is no longer pink in the center or until an instant-read
thermometer registers 170°F, about 20 minutes.
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation