150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Contributed By: Meals Matter; Dairy Council
This easy to prepare dish is smoky and sweet.
Number of Servings: 10
Quick to Prepare (under 30 minutes)
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup honey
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (from 1 to 2 limes)
2 tablespoons dark rum
1. Stir together all of the honey glaze ingredients until smooth.
2. For grilled bananas: Peel the bananas, and slice in half crosswise and then lengthwise. (you will have 4 pieces, each about 4 inches long and 1/2 inch thick.)
3. Using a pastry brush, coat the banana pieces with the glaze.
4. Grill over direct medium heat for 6-8 min., turning gently, until light brown.
5. For grilled peaches, nectarines, plums: halve the fruit and remove the pits.
6. Toss the fruit gently in a bowl with the honey glaze. Grill, cut side down, over direct medium heat for 10-12 minutes, turning after 7 or 8 min.
7. For grilled pineapple: Cut off the top and the peel. Slice the fruit into 3/4 inch-thick rounds. Using a pastry brush, coat both sides of each slice with the glaze. Grill over direct medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes, turning once halfway through.
Total Fat: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 6 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g
Carbohydrates: 25.8 g
Protein: 1 g
Vitamin A: 745 IU
Vitamin C: 14 mg
Calcium: 11 mg
Sodium: 2 mg
Iron: 0 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Updated July 29, 2013
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation