150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Grilled Turkey Tenders and Vegetables
Source: Meals Matter; Adapted from Woman's Day
Quick and tasty way to get vegetables and protein.
Number of Servings: 8
Quick to prepare (under 30 minutes)
2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
Pinch of pepper
2 turkey breast tenderloins (about 2 pounds)
1 medium eggplant (1 pound)
1 pound green or yellow squash
3 plum tomatoes, cut in half
1. Line rimmed baking sheet with foil
2. MARINADE: whisk lemon zest and juice, olive oil, garlic, rosemary and pepper together in a bowl.
3. Put 3/4 of the marinade in a large zip-top bag with turkey. Seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate 45 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, slice eggplant and squash 1/2 inch thick.
5. Place with tomatoes on baking sheet, coat with non-stick spray.
6. Heat outdoor grill or stove top grill pan.
5. Put turkey on grill (discard marinade in bag).
7. Grill 7-9 minutes per side until an instant read thermometer reads at least 170 degrees F.
8. Remove, and cover loosely with foil.
9. Grill eggplant and zucchini 4 minutes per side until just tender
10. Grill tomatoes 2 minutes per side until charred but not soft.
11. Cut vegetables into bite size pieces, toss gently with remaining marinade.
12. Serve with sliced turkey.
Total Fat: 4g
Updated July 29, 2013
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation