150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Roasted Garlic Avocado Pasta
© Courtesy of California Avocado Commission
Roasting mellows the flavor of the garlic and vegetables and the avocado adds a delicious creamy finish.
Number of servings: 4
Easy to prepare
1 ½ medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
½ leek (white part only) thinly sliced, separated
½ medium red and yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
½ Chinese eggplant, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
1 ½ Tablespoon balsamic vinegar, divided
½ Tablespoon olive oil
2 ½ medium cloves garlic, finely chopped
½ teaspoon salt and pepper
4 oz penne pasta, cooked
¼ pound boneless, skinless chicken, cooked and shredded
¼ cup salt reduced, fat free chicken broth
½ bunch fresh basil, 1 whole leaf per serving plus additional thinly chopped leaves (optional)
½ ripe California avocado, seeded, peeled and cut into 16 slices
1. In a large roasting pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, combine all vegetables.
2. In a small bowl, blend 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
3. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
4. Roast in preheated 375 degrees F. oven for 45 min, stirring twice.
5. Remove vegetables from oven and pour on remaining tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
6. In a large bowl, toss together cooked pasta, roasted garlic and vegetables, chicken, chicken broth and fresh basil (optional).
7. Portion into 8 pasta bowls.
8. Place two slices avocado and a fresh basil leaf on each.
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation