150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Roasted Garlic Avocado Pasta
© Courtesy of California Avocado Commission
1 ½ med. zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
½ leek (white part only) thinly sliced, separated
½ med. red and yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
½ Chinese eggplant, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
1 ½ Tbsp balsamic vinegar, divided
½ Tbsp olive oil
2 ½ med. cloves garlic, finely chopped
½ tsp salt and pepper
4 oz penne pasta, cooked
¼ Pound boneless, skinless chicken, cooked and cut into cubes
¼ Cup salt reduced, fat free chicken broth
½ bunch fresh basil, 1 whole leaf per serving plus additional thinly chopped leaves (optional)
½ ripe California avocado, seeded, peeled and cut into 16 slices
1. In a large roasting pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, combine all vegetables.
2. In a small bowl, blend 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar, oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
3. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
4. Roast in preheated 375 degrees F. oven for 45 min, stirring twice.
5. Remove vegetables from oven and pour on remaining Tbsp. of balsamic vinegar.
6. In a large bowl, toss together cooked pasta, roasted garlic and vegetables, chicken, chicken broth and fresh basil (optional).
7. Portion into 8 pasta bowls.
8. Place two slices avocado and a fresh basil leaf on each.
Join us on Facebook
Costa Rica Travel Corp. will donate a portion of the proceeds to and is a sponsor of Defeat Diabetes Foundation.
Send your unopened, unexpired test strips to: