150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Fish with Summer Squash
Source: Meals Matter
Adapted from Prevention Magazine
This mouth watering dish is rich in nutrients and has heart healthy unsaturated fats.
1 Strip lemon zest, cut into thin slivers
2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
1 Large red onion, chopped
3 Medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch chuncks
3 Medium yellow squash, cut into 1/2 inch chuncks
1 clove Garlic, minced
4 Striped bass, or other fish fillets, (4-6 ounces each) about 1 inch thick
1 tbsp Red wine vinegar
1 tbsp Water
2 tbsp Finely chopped fresh mint leaves
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In 13 by 19 inch baking dish, combine lemon zest, 1 TBSP oil, and onion, reserving 1 TBSP of the oil. Spread in even layer. Roast until onion is tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
2. Remove from oven. Stir in zucchini, squash, and garlic. Return to oven and roast 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
3. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F. Push vegetables to one side and add fish. Spoon vegetables over fish.
4. Return to oven and roast until fish is opaque in venter, 8-10 minutes for thin and 12-15 for thick.
5. Meanwhile, combine vinegar, remaining oil, water, mint leaves, and remaining onion. Spoon over bass fillets and serve.
Total Preparation Time: Less than 15 minutes
Actual Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
Nutrition Content: Low Sodium
Meal Type: Entree
Total Fat: 10g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.9g
Vitamin A: 882 IU
Vitamin C: 69mg
Join us on Facebook
Costa Rica Travel Corp. will donate a portion of the proceeds to and is a sponsor of Defeat Diabetes Foundation.
Send your unopened, unexpired test strips to: