150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Fish with Summer Squash
Source: Meals Matter; Adapted from Prevention Magazine
This mouth watering dish is rich in nutrients and has heart healthy unsaturated fats.
Number of Servings: 4
1 strip lemon zest, cut into thin slivers
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 large red onion, chopped
3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
3 medium yellow squash, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
1 clove garlic, minced
4 striped bass, or other fish fillets, (4-6 ounces each) about 1 inch thick
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon water
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In 13 by 19 inch baking dish, combine lemon zest, 1 tablespoon oil, and onion. Spread in even layer.
3. Roast until onion is tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
4. Remove from oven. Stir in zucchini, squash, and garlic. Return to oven and roast 10 minutes.
5. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F. and remove pan from oven.
6. Push vegetables to one side and add fish. Spoon vegetables over fish.
7. Return to oven and roast until fish is opaque in center, 8-10 minutes for thin and 12-15 for thick.
8. Meanwhile, combine vinegar, remaining oil, water, mint leaves, and remaining onion. Spoon over bass fillets and serve.
Total Fat: 10g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.9g
Vitamin A: 882 IU
Vitamin C: 69mg
Updated July 25, 2013
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation