150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Filet Mignon with Peppercorn-Orange Sauce
Source: Meals Matter; Cooking Light
This is the ultimate rich dish that hits all of your taste spots. Great for entertaining.
Number of Servings: More than 10
Sauce can be made ahead of time
Quick to prepare
2 teaspoon grated orange rind
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tsp honey
1/2 cup coarsely chopped green onions
1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons drained brine-packed green peppercorns
1 garlic clove, peeled
2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 (4 oz) beef tenderloin steak
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black pepper
1. Combine the first 7 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
2. Cook until reduced to 1/3 cup (about 6 minutes). Cool.
3. Place the onions, cilantro, peppercorns, garlic and oil in a food processor; process until finely chopped.
4. Add orange juice mixture, sesame seeds and 1/2 tsp salt; pulse to combine. Set aside.
1. Sprinkle the beef with 1/2 tsp salt and black pepper.
2. Place steaks on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
3. Serve steaks with sauce. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Total Fat: 9.1g
Saturated Fat: 3.1g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g
Updated July 25, 2013
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation