150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Crust-less Cheese Quiche
Source: Meals Matter; dlife.com
The lack of crust reduces both the carbs and the fat in this dish making diabetic friendly!
Number of Servings: 8
Easy to prepare
10 oz broccoli, chopped, plain, frozen
1 cooking spray
1 cup liquid egg substitute
1/3 cup white all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese, drained
1 cup low fat cheddar cheese, shredded
2 oz feta cheese, crumbled
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cook broccoli in boiling water for 3 minutes in a large saucepan. Drain well and set aside.
3. Lightly coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray and set aside.
4. Combine the egg product, flour, and pepper in a large bowl.
5. Stir in the cottage cheese, broccoli, 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese, and the feta cheese.
6. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pie plate.
7. Bake, uncovered, for 40 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
8. Remove to a wire rack, and sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese.
9. Cool 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Total Fat: 4g
Updated July 24, 2013
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation