150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Cinnamon-Dusted Sweet Potatoes
Source: Meals Matter
This is a spicy take on an easy baked sweet potato theme.
Number of Servings: 2
2 large sweet potatoes (or yams), with skin (see Note), scrubbed well, and ends trimmed
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (substitute ground nutmeg, cloves, ginger, or allspice)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Prick potatoes a few times with a fork. Place on baking sheet and bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until soft when pierced by a fork.
3. Allow to cool slightly before serving, 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Split potatoes open and sprinkle with ground cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, or allspice.
1. Prick potatoes twice with a fork. Place side by side on a paper towel in center of microwave oven. Cook on high 5 to 8 minutes, or until soft when pierced by a fork.
2. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, or allspice.
Note: The skin of sweet potatoes contains many nutrients and fiber and should be left on and eaten whenever possible.
Total Fat: 0 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0 g
Carbohydrates: 22 g
Protein: 1 g
Vitamin A: 17389 IU
Vitamin C: 20 mg
Calcium: 28 mg
Sodium: 11 mg
Iron: 1 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Updated July 23, 2013
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation