150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Chocolate Mascarpone Strawberries
Source: Meals Matter; Los Angeles Times
This is a bright, creamy and delicious dish
Number of Servings: 6
Easy to prepare
12 large strawberries with stems attached
1/4 cup Mascarpone cheese
2 ounces cream cheese
1/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted, plus more for garnish
1/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
3 tbsp milk
1 tbsp Grand Marnier (optional)
1. Wash the strawberries and pat dry with a paper towel. Cut each in half starting at the top stem end.
2. Combine the mascarpone and cream cheeses, sugar, cocoa, milk and Grand Marnier in a bowl.
3. Whisk or use an electric hand mixer to thoroughly combine.
4. Fill pastry bag with a star tip or snip off the end of a resealable plastic bag and pipe a star or dollop of the mixture in the center of the cut side of each strawberry.
5. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
The filling can be made a day ahead and refrigerated, covered, in an airtight container. The entire recipe can be made several hours ahead and refrigerated.
Total Fat: 2 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 gram
Carbohydrates: 3 grams
Protein: 1 gram
Sodium: 16 mg
Fiber: .96 gram
Updated July 23, 2013
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation