150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Chinese Chicken Corn Soup
Source: Meals Matter; Adapted from Everything Quick Meals Cookbook
This creamy and rich soup is easy to prepare and cilantro and veggies can be added for a different twist.
Number of Servings: 6
Easy to prepare
Quick to prepare
3 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 8.25 ounce can of creamed corn, no added salt
1 cup diced, cooked, and skinned chicken breast
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons cold water
2 egg whites
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1. Combine chicken broth, corn, and chicken pieces in a large saucepan.
2. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
3. Blend cornstarch with cold water and add to soup. Continue cooking, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until foamy.
5. Add to soup and reduce heat to a simmer.
6. Cook until foamy.
7. Ladle soup into individual bowls and garnish with parsley
8. Serve hot and enjoy!
Total Fat: 1.5 g
Protein: 14 g
Calcium: 15 mg
Sodium: 250 mg
Updated July 23, 2013
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation