150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Chicken TetrazziniSource: Meals Matter; Weight Watchers Simply the best
A simple casserole perfect for a weekday meal.
Number of Servings: 2
Quick to Prepare (under 30 minutes)
Good Source of Calcium
2 teaspoon unsalted butter
2 celery stalks, diced
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup skim milk
1/3 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
1 cup cooked skinless chicken breast
1 cup cooked elbow macaroni
1/2 cup frozen green peas
7 fat-free saltine crackers, crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a large non stick saucepan, melt butter. Add celery and scallions; cook, stirring as needed, until softened, about 4 minutes.
3. Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
4. Stir in the milk and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture boils and thickens, about 3 minutes.
5. Add the cheese, stir until melted.
6. Stir in the chicken, macaroni and peas; cook, stirring as needed until heated through and the peas are thawed, about 3 minutes.
7. Transfer to a 1 1/2-quart casserole; top with cracker crumbs.
8. Bake until the crumbs are lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
Total Fat: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g
Carbohydrates: 75 g
Protein: 42 g
Vitamin A: 199 RE
Vitamin C: 11 mg
Calcium: 313 mg
Sodium: 387 mg
Iron: 5 mg
Fiber: 5 g
Updated July 23, 2013
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation