150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
California Pistachio-Stuffed Mushrooms
Source: Meals Matter, DCC; California Pistachio Commission
A quick and easy appetizer.
Number of Servings: 10
Quick to Prepare (under 30 minutes)
20 medium mushrooms
3 tablespoons minced onion
1/2 cup butter, divided
1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup shelled, roasted/salted pistachios, finely chopped
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1/4 teaspoon marjoram, crushed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Remove stems from mushroom caps
2. Finely chop stems.
3. Saute stems and onion in 1/4 cup butter until tender.
4. Add bread crumbs, pistachios, parsley, marjoram and salt. Mix well.
5. Spoon stuffing into mushroom caps.
6. Place on baking sheet; drizzle with remaining melted butter.
7. Bake at 350 deg F for 5 minutes or until hot.
They can be broiled instead of baked. Broil 6 inches from heat for 5 minutes until browned and thoroughly heated.
Nutrient Information (2 mushrooms)
Updated July 22, 2013
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation