150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Source: Meals Matter; Cooking Light online
An easy and hearty chicken stew with lots of veggies!
Number of servings: 6
1 cup chopped red bell pepper
3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
1/2 cup Chopped celery
1 tablespoon Peanut oil
1 tablespoon flour
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons no-salt-added tomato paste
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
1 (10-ounce) package Frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
1 (10-ounce) package frozen baby lima beans, thawed
6 (1-ounce) slices Italian bread, toasted
2 garlic cloves, halved
1. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
2. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add bell pepper, onion, and celery to pan; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add oil to pan.
4. Combine flour and chicken in a medium bowl, tossing to coat.
5. Add chicken to pan; cook 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
6. Gradually stir in broth; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until slightly thick, stirring constantly.
7. Add tomato paste and next 5 ingredients (through lima beans) to pan. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
8. Rub bread slices with cut sides of garlic; discard garlic. Serve bread with stew.
Total Fat: 9.2 g
Saturated Fat: 2.2 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.6 g
Carbohydrates: 38 g
Protein: 22.4 g
Calcium: 58 mg
Sodium: 596 mg
Iron: 3.2 mg
Fiber: 5.8 g
Updated July 15, 2013
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation