150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Braised Chicken and ApplesSource: Meals Matter
An easy and quick to prepare dish that kids can help with!
Number of Servings: 4
1 teaspoon canola oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 - 3 golden delicious apples, cored, peeled and sliced
2 shallots, thinly sliced
1 big pinch dried thyme leaves
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup apple cider
1. Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
3. Brown chicken on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Remove chicken to a plate and keep warm.
4. Add apples and shallots to the skillet. Cook until apples begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
5. Add thyme, salt and a generous grinding of black pepper. Cook 1 minute.
6. Pour in chicken broth and cider and cook over high heat until the liquid has reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
6. Return chicken breasts to the skillet, nestling them in among the apples. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until chicken is no longer pink in the middle, about 8 minutes.
Quick to Prepare (under 30 minutes)
Cook with kids it
Total Fat: 4 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g
Carbohydrates: 30 g
Protein: 30 g
Vitamin A: 69 RE
Vitamin C: 8 mg
Calcium: 54 mg
Sodium: 164 mg
Iron: 2 mg
Updated July 15, 2013
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation