150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Boneless Pork Chops with Sauteed Apples
Source: MealsMatter.org; Better Homes and Garden
A sweet and tasty pork dish.
Number of Servings: 4
Quick to Prepare (under 30 minutes)
Kids can help make it
1 Medium-size red onion
4 boneless pork loin chops, each 1 1/4 inches thick
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1 medium-size golden delicious apple
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup apple juice
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1. Thinly slice onion.
2. Add oil to skillet and heat over medium heat
3. Add onion and cook until tender.
4. Remove onion to small bowl.
5. Sprinkle pork chops with salt on both sides.
6. Cook pork chops 5 minutes over medium high heat.
7. Turn pork chops; sprinkle with thyme, pepper, and 1/2 tsp salt.
6. Cook 3 to 5 minutes longer until pork just loses its pink color throughout.
7. Remove pork chops to dinner plates; keep warm.
8. Cut unpeeled apple into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
9. Add 2 teaspoons salad oil to skillet and lightly brown apple slices
10. Sprinkle with sugar set aside.
11. In cup, mix apple juice and corn starch. Stir apple-juice mixture and onions into skillet, stirring constantly until mixture boils.
12. Boil 1 minute.
13. Pour mixture over pork chops and apple slices.
Total Fat: 32g
Saturated Fat: 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 10.5g
Updated July 15,2013
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation