150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Blueberry Crepes with Maple Cream
Source: Meals Matter; DCC
Good for any meal of the day.
Number of Servings: 5
Cook with Kids
1. Combine cottage cheese and maple syrup in container of an electric blender; cover and process until smooth.
2. Pour into a bowl; stir in yogurt.
3. Cover and chill 1 hour.
1. Combine flour, sugar, milk and eggs in container of an electric blender
2. Cover and process until smooth, scraping sides of container occasionally with a rubber spatula.
3. Pour batter into a bowl; cover and chill 30 minutes.
1. Combine water, sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan; stir well.
2. Place over medium heat; cook 3 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
3. Add blueberries; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute, stirring occasionally. 4. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice.
Cooking the Crepes
1. Coat an 8-inch crepe pan or nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat until hot.
2. Remove pan from heat and spoon 2 tablespoons batter into pan; quickly tilt pan in all directions so batter covers pan with a thin film.
3. Place pan back on heat and cook about 1-1/2 minutes. Lift edge of crepe to test for doneness. Crepe is ready to turn when it can be shaken loose from pan. Turn crepe, and cook 1 minute on other side.
4. Place crepe on a towel, and allow to cool.
5. Repeat this procedure until all of the batter is used.
6. Stack crepes between single layers of wax paper to prevent sticking.
1. Spoon 2 tablespoons blueberry mixture in center of each crepe;
2. fold each crepe in half, then in quarters.
3. Spoon Maple Cream over crepes.
Updated July 15, 2013
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation