150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Apricot Pork Tenderloin with Cranberry Black-Pepper Sauce
Source: Meals Matter, Martha Stewart Living
1 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
1 Pork tenderloin (1 to 11/4 lbs)
1 10 ounce Jar all-fruit apricot jam
1/2 cup Low-sodium canned chicken broth
1/2 tsp. Coarse salt
1 cup Fresh or frozen (thawed) cranberries
11/2 tbsp Red-wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. Pepper
1 tsp. Thyme
1. Preheat oven to 425. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add pork and halved shallots to skillet. Brown pork on all sides, turning occasionally (about 8 minutes). Remove skillet from heat.
2. Brush pork in skillet with half the jam; drizzle 2 tablespoons broth over shallots. Transfer skillet to oven. Roast, turning shallots occasionally, until an instant read thermometer inserted into center of pork registers 155, 30 to 35 minutes.
3. Remove skillet from oven. Using tongs, transfer pork and shallots to a plate. Let pork rest (it will continue to cook; temperature should reach 160).
4. Place skillet over medium-high heat; add remaing chopped shallots. Sprinkle with salt; add remaining jam and 6 tablespoons broth. Deglaze skillet, scraping up browned bits with a wooden spoon; add cranberries, vinegar, and pepper. Cook, stirring, until berries are juicy, about 5 minutes. Stir in thyme.
5. Slice pork; divide among plates. Garnish with fresh thyme sprigs, if desired. Serve with cranberry pan sauce and shallots.
Total Preparation Time: 45 minutes
Actual Cooking Time: 2 hours
Number of Servings: 4
Meal Type: Entree
Total Fat: 8
Join us on Facebook
Costa Rica Travel Corp. will donate a portion of the proceeds to and is a sponsor of Defeat Diabetes Foundation.
Send your unopened, unexpired test strips to: