150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Apple Cheese Wraps
Source: MealsMatter.org;Light & Tasty Feb/Mar 2003, p60
This is a sweet dish that can be served as a snack or a dessert
Number of Servings: 5
Quick to prepare
Cook with Kids
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
1/4 cup golden raisins (optional)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon Spice Island® Pure Vanilla Extract
5 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon Sugar
Dash ground cinnamon
10 tablespoons Reduced-fat whipped topping
1. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat
2. Add brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
3. Add the apples, raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. Cook and stir over medium heat until apples are tender.
5. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool slightly.
6. Place each tortilla on a 12-in. square piece of foil.
7.Top with about 1/4 cup apple mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Fold in sides of tortilla and roll up. Wrap in foil.
8. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through.
9.Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over wraps. Serve warm with whipped topping.
One serving (1 wrap with 2 tablespoons whipped topping)
8 g fat (3 g saturated fat)
9 mg cholesterol
313 mg sodium
54 g carbohydrate
2 g fiber
6 g protein
Updated July 18, 2013
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation