Author: The Fat Free Living Super Cookbook by Jyl Steinback, America’s Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Entrees
This grilled scallop dish features plenty of sweet elements and barbecue sauce. Low calorie; Low fat; Low cholesterol.
- 1 lb. fat-free frozen scallops
- 13½ oz. pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- ½ cup small mushrooms
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut in chunks
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup honey-teriyaki barbecue sauce
- Place scallops in bowl and cover with cold water to thaw; rinse well.
- In a medium bowl, combine scallops, pineapple, mushrooms, peppers, and tomatoes; pour barbecue sauce over mixture and marinate 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Alternately thread metal skewers with scallops, pineapple, mushrooms, peppers, and tomatoes until skewers are filled.
- Prepare medium-hot grill and lightly spray with nonfat cooking spray. Place skewers on grill and cook 12 to 15 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time.
- Scallops should be opaque when done.
- Great served with rice.
Calories: 120 Fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 21g Sodium: 534mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 9g Cholesterol: 9mg