Sauteed Artichokes and Pasta
Author: Source California Artichoke Council
Recipe type: Entrees
A light yet earthy dish. Choose your own shaped pasta and make it whole grain. Vegan; Vegetarian; High fiber.
- 8-12 baby artichokes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 medium, chopped onion
- 3 minced cloves
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or balsamic vinegar
- Prepare artichokes by peeling the woody exterior off the stem and removing the lower third of leaves and cut into quarters. Scoop out any of the fuzzy choke.
- Rinse, drain well and pat dry.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add quartered Baby Artichokes, Onion and garlic and cook and stir until Artichokes begin to brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and Green Onion and cook until heated through, about 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice or balsamic vinegar.
- Serve over hot, cooked pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Nutrition Information (without pasta).
Calories: 334 Fat: 28g Saturated fat: 4g Carbohydrates: 19.75g Sugar: 3g Fiber: 9g Protein: 3.g Cholesterol: 0mg