Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Browned Butter
Author: Meals Matter Cooking Light
Recipe type: Vegetables
The salty-sweet browned butter really highlights the asparagus in this dish.
- 40 Asparagus spears, trimmed (about 2 lbs)
- Cooking spray
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp Black pepper
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tsp Low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- Grated lemon rind (optional)
- Cracked black pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Arrange asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400* for 12 minutes or until tender
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat;
- Cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking pan occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. drizzle over asparagus, tossing well to coat. garnish with cracked pepper and lemon rind, if desired.
Calories: 45 Fat: 3g Saturated fat: 1.8g Carbohydrates: 3.9g Sodium: 134mg Fiber: 1.7g Protein: 1.9g