Author: Cook Once, Eat For A Week by Jyl Steinback, Americas Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Vegetables
Cuisine: Mexican, Vegetarian
- 16 oz. can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup chunky style salsa
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- 1½ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- Spray 2 quart saucepan with cooking spray.
- Add all the ingredients; bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Process bean mixture in food processor or blender until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate beans for up to 1 week.
- Serve with low fat flour tortillas, taco shells or low fat chips.
Calories: 96 Fat: 0.4g Carbohydrates: 18g Sodium: 552mg Fiber: 0g Protein: 5g Cholesterol: 0mg