Red Pepper Sauced Halibut
Author: MealsMatter.org The Best Milk Recipes in America
Recipe type: Entrees
For special family dinners, serve this impressive dish with rice pilaf. The tangy red-pepper sauce is also great with pasta. Good Source of Calcium.
- 4 Fresh or frozen halibut steaks (about 4 oz. each)
- ⅓ cup Finely chopped onion
- 1 Large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tsp All purpose flour
- ¼ tsp Dried oregano or basil, crushed
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Lowfat milk
- ½ cup Chopped roasted red sweet peppers (use purchased roasted red sweet peppers)
- 2 tsp Tomato paste
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Skin fish, if desired. Season fish with salt and pepper; place in lightly greased shallow baking pan. Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour, dried oregano or basil, and ⅛ tsp salt. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in roasted red peppers and tomato paste; heat through. Serve over fish. If desired, garnish with fresh oregano.
Calories: 189 Fat: 6g Saturated fat: 3g Unsaturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 6g Sodium: 259mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 26g