Raspberry Tossed Salad
Author: Meals Matter Cooking Light
Recipe type: Salads
I use walnuts instead of the pecan halves. Walnuts are a source of omega-3 fatty acids. This salad is a meal at our house.
- 4 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup (fresh) raspberries
- 1 cup Sliced fresh mushrooms
- ½ cup Julienned red onion
- ½ cup Crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup Pecan halves, toasted
- 2 tablespoons 100% raspberry fruit spread, melted
- 2 tablespoons Raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Canola oil
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- Dash of pepper
- In a salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- In a jar with a tight filling lid, combine fruit spread, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper; shake well.
- Pour over salad; toss gently to coat.
The recipe calls for fresh raspberries—I used frozen dry with paper towels…worked great.
Calories: 102 Fat: 7g Saturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 8g Sodium: 108mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 3g