Pumpkin Cider Soup
Author: Cook Once, Eat For A Week by Jyl Steinback, Americas Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
- 2 tbsp. nonfat chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 15 oz can pumpkin
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups apple cider
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ⅓ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 6 tbsp. nonfat sour cream (optional)
- Chopped chives, for garnish (optional)
- Spray large soup pot or Dutch oven with spray.
- Add broth and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; cook until softened and transparent.
- Add remaining ingredients except sour cream and chives, if using;
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Blend soup in several batches in blender until smooth and creamy.
- Return to soup pot and heat 5 to 6 minutes over medium heat.
- Serve with nonfat sour cream and chopped chives, if desired.
Calories: 129 Fat: 0.4g Carbohydrates: 24g Sodium: 33mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 2g Cholesterol: 0mg