Author: Meals Matter
Recipe type: Desserts
Sinfully rich, but nice for a special occasion. Make ahead.
- 11 whole graham crackers, crushed (about 1-1/2 cups crumbs)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter or margarine, melted
- 2 8oz packages reduced fat or fat-free cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin puree or 1-16 ounce can solid pack pumpkin
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream and Amaretto
- Whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a 9 inch spring form pan, mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter.
- Press the mixture evenly onto the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Bake 8 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- In a large bowl using electric mixture (or place directly in a food processor) whip cream cheese until smooth.
- Stir in brown sugar; blend until thoroughly mixed.
- Add pumpkin and add egg yolks one at a time, blending after each addition until smooth.
- Add ½ the egg whites at a time, blending well after each addition.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, Amaretto and whipped cream, stir to blend.
- Pour mixture into prepared crust.
- Set spring form pan in a large roasting pan and fill with ½ inch tap water.
- Bake 1 hour, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, chill 6 to 8 hours (or overnight) in the refrigerator.
Using fat free cream cheese holds the total fat in this recipe to 30% of calories.
Calories: 353 Fat: 12g Saturated fat: 5.8g Unsaturated fat: 1.6g Carbohydrates: 51 Sodium: 467mg Fiber: 2.4g Protein: 11g