Portobello Burgers with Gorgonzola
Author: MealsMatter.org, DCC
Recipe type: Lunch
A sophisticated “burger” with portobellos and gorgonzola cheese. Quick to Prepare (under 30 minutes); Vegetarian; Good Source of Calcium
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 medium portobellos
- 4 hamburger buns
- ¼ pound Gorgonzola cheese
- ¼ pound mixed baby greens
- Mayonnaise, mustard and/or other condiments of choice
- Prepare a barbecue so the coals are medium-hot, then preheat the grill.
- Combine the garlic, vinegar, salt and pepper, then whisk in the olive oil.
- Cut off the stems of the portobellos and use a moist cloth to remove any dirt from the caps.
- Place the mushrooms in a bowl, then pour the vinaigrette over them. Toss to combine.
- Place the mushrooms gill-side up directly on the grill. Grill until they are tender and juicy, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- When the mushrooms are almost done, place the hamburger buns on the grill and toast for a few minutes.
- Season the mushrooms with a sprinkle of salt and pepper and place in the buns.
- Top with crumbled Gorgonzola and some greens. Serve with condiments.
Portobellos shrink when you grill them so sometimes one is not enough per person.
Calories: 358 Fat: 21g Saturated fat: 6g Unsaturated fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 35g Sodium: 563mg Fiber: 7g Protein: 10g